Wednesday, January 28, 2009

family.

I'd first like to make a request to those of you that are willing - Gavin has been sick for the past couple of weeks - vomiting occasionally with a fever here and there. We don't know exactly the cause, but he's been doing better the past two days. My request is that you keep him in your prayers, that he heals, or if necessary the doctors can determine what is going on. We haven't taken him to the doctor yet because I at first thought it was just a stomach bug but then we thought maybe it was milk, then we thought maybe it was his esophagus... who knows! He hasn't been sick since Monday so I am praying it's all behind him, but if he does vomit again I am going to call the doctor. Just please pray for him =)

Last Friday evening my brother-in-law Gene and his two sons James and Jordan come over to hang out and exchange Christmas gifts. My mother-in-law and my other brother-in-law Michael came over too! We had a great time hanging out and chatting about the kids. It was fun to see the kids open their Christmas gifts and get excited about what we bought for them! Gavin did very well sharing his toys, especially his choo-choo/airplane set. James and Jordan really enjoyed playing with that =) Gavin got a Phillies baseball and bat and a Penn State bear from Uncle Gene and Aunt Judith. That boys really loves sports! He has been big into hockey lately - anytime a game is on he is glued to the TV. The other morning he woke up and asked when we were going to get more hockey tickets - I just had to laugh! After Gene and the kids left and my mother-in-law left we got to hang out with Uncle Mike for a while. Gavin loves to play with his Uncle Mike - except when he hits his head on the fan - funny story =) I was always the youngest growing up so I feel in a way that Michael is my younger brother!





The next day Gavin and I went bowling with my family - my mom, dad, Chris, Andy, Shayna, her friend Lili, Lucas, Andy's girlfriend Allison and her sons Philip and Dawson. We had a great time! Gavin loved bowling and was at times impatient waiting for his turn! It was so fun to see eveyrone helping him bowl - I think he really was loving all the attention! When it was not his turn to bowl he would practice walking up and down the 3 little steps they had in between the seats - he didn't have to hold on to anything and he thought he was just too cool =) I have to say - I am definitely a better Wii bowler than a 'real life' bowler!! After bowling we went to Friendly's for dinner, one of my favorite restaurants =) It was fun to hang out with everyone and chat - Gavin had a blast too!
On Monday I took a few hours off from work and had some old friends over, Melinda and Abby! Melinda and I have been friends since fall of 1997 and I've known Abby since middle school. I hadn't seen either of them in years and it was SO GREAT to see them and catch up on their lives! Melinda has three beautiful daughters - which Abby appropriately named - the march of the Melindas! They all look just like their mommy and aunts!! The kids played very well together, which was nice because it gave the ladies a chance to chat. I really hope we can get together more often!

Work is going well.. we are all adjusting to our new director. He has really been helping me with networking, which I really appreciate! Steven and I have been thinking about refinancing, which has been stressful, but I really think it would be worth it! Alright, I am going to wrap this up - I hope everyone stays warm and safe in this crazy weather!

Blessings to all =)

No comments: