Wednesday, January 21, 2009

catch up!

So it's already almost the end of January, where has the time gone?! We've certainly been busy the past couple of weeks. We bought a Nintendo Wii - which Gavin just LOVES!! We went to my niece Shayna's first band concert =) We went to the farm show and we took Gavin to his first ice hockey game!! Gavin has been learning a lot and is starting to talk well. We're finally beginning to understand most things he says!! This morning he didn't want me to leave for work so we sat for a few minutes and snuggled on my bed - he's such a cutie! It's amazing how you can be having the worst day and seriously stressing out and he just gives you a smile and a kiss and everything is better =) He's been doing really well in school - some days I get there and he doesn't want to leave! Gav has really taken an interest in the babies at his school. One of his favorite teachers is in the baby room so he goes in there almost every morning to get a cookie from her and to talk to the babies - it's just adorable!! I really think he will make a great big brother - if we ever get pregnant =) I talk to him sometimes about being a big brother and he says that he wants a "sisser" - too cute!! There are a lot of people I know that are pregnant and due in the late spring/early summer - which is SO funny because that's exactly when I was "planning" to have #2 - but of course that was not God's plan! It's fun to see friends pregnant - most are expecting their first child so they are just all super excited!
Work has been going well. We just got a new director, which is exciting but makes us all a little anxious too. The number of expectant parents I am working with is low but our number of waiting adoptive families is high - so I am hoping God will provide and we can even that number out a little bit. It's such a tough position - it is a voluntary thing - and not a lot of women even consider adoption. I just have to keep working hard, keep networking with schools, pregnancy centers, hospitals, OB-GYNS offices - anywhere I can think of!
Shayna's first band concert was so fun! She is in the 5th grade band and plays the flute. Going to her concert
and being in the OHS auditorium brought back so many memories for me! She seemed to have a great time and really looked like she was enjoying herself on stage!
The farm show was a lot of fun! Gavin really liked the animals and all the big tractors. Steven and I really liked the food =) I had these amazing mozzarella cheese balls - holy cow they were delicious!! Steven got honey waffles with vanilla ice cream on top - I thought they'd be gross b/c I normally don't like waffles - no I was wrong - sooooooo yummy!!!
Gavin's first ice hockey game was on Saturday January 17th. We took him to watch the Hershey Bears play the Philadelphia Phantoms. Uncle Wayne, Aunt Donna and Uncle DD went with us. We all rode up in the minivan together which was a lot of fun (and saved us $ on parking!) Uncle DD took Gav down to the ice to watch them warm up before the game - Gavin just couldn't take his eyes off the players! Gav did awesome through the entire game - he was clapping, cheering and yelling 'Go Bears' with the crowd! The game was tied after 3 periods so they did a 5 minute overtime period - no one scored - so it went into a shootout - which ended in a tie - so it went into an extra shootout which Philadelphia won - so Gav's first ice hockey game was pretty intense and exciting! He LOVED the popcorn and cotton candy Uncle DD got for him. Every day since the game he has asked for more hockey!!


Gav and I enjoyed playing in the snow the other day. We came home from work/school - got our snowsuits on ran outside =) He LOVED the snow but didn't like to leave his gloves on so his hands kept getting cold. We have a small hill on the side of our house - he and I rode down that hill over and over and over - he was in heaven - and I was having a blast too! We played outside until it got dark and Gav was not a happy man when it was time to go in. Every time he gets out of the car in the garage and sees his sled he wants to go for ride down the hill!
I have more pictures of the hockey game on my other camera but I still need to load them on to my computer - so stay tuned! On Monday I went to lunch with my mom, my aunt and Shayna and Lucas. We had a fun time laughing and chatting. I cannot believe how big my niece and nephew are - they're just so neat and are growing into such fun people =)

No comments: