Tuesday, September 2, 2008

F-U-N!

We had another very enjoyable weekend! Saturday we had a cookout with some friends at our house.. I really am blessed with great friends :-) Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and dip, a pool table and some cute kids - who can go wrong there!! This was the first time Gavin really had to share his territory and his toys with other children. It took him a little while to warm up but he did really well... I think we've found some new play date friends!


On Sunday we drove to Ocean City, Maryland for the day. It's a super long drive for just a day trip but we always have tons of fun. We enjoyed some Thrashers fries, some Doughroller Pizza and of course some wonderfully yummy chocolate covered strawberries! Gavin loved walking on the boardwalk and saying HI to almost everyone that walked past us.


Monday was busy and enjoyable too! Gavin and I went shopping for some fall clothes for him AND he got his first POTTY! I have no idea what he'll think of it but we'll give it a shot! I found some great deals on fall clothes - Target rocks!! After our tiny shopping spree we went to Uncle Wayne and Aunt Donna's for a picnic. When we got there Gavin was super grumpy until Uncle David cheered him up.. thanks DeeDee! We swam for about 5 minutes because the water was very cold.. and they're closing their pool today so no more swimming until next year. Hopefully by then Gavin will be a little fishy. We had fun making s'moores and playing with Aunt Donna's bunnies. Gavin was very independent and loved doing things on his own. He played well with his cousins Jordan and Nevaeh.. it's so nice to see him interact well with other kids!

It's hard to believe another summer of pig roasts and swimming has come to a close. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was going to Uncle Wayne and Aunt Donna's for a picnic the day after Steven and I had our blind date. Man how time flies! I've got to get back to work - I'll try to post more tomorrow!

No comments: