Friday, September 5, 2008

Potty time.

Oh my oh my.. my little baby boy is no longer a little baby! But he is DEFINITELY a boy :-) We bought him a new potty and he wanted to try it out Tuesday evening. He insisted on playing with the little seat ring.. then of course wanted a book to read on the potty just like his daddy.. like father like son ;-) He hasn't gone in the potty yet, he really just likes to sit on it and play. I have a feeling he's still a little too young.. but it's fun to watch!



I cried when I took him to school yesterday. He's been transitioning to the next room - Beginner A - as they call it. I think of it as the "big boy room" because they teach them how to use "big people cups" and of course they start potty training. When I went to drop him off one of his teachers came up to him in the hallway and gave him a big hug. Then she said, "I'll miss you" and I immediately said, "oh, he's not in your room anymore?" She then proceeded to tell me that as of that day he was a full time Beginner A boy.. oh man! I didn't cry until I got to my car, but once I was alone I let it rip. Where has the time gone?? He has grown up in the blink of an eye.. and it's only going faster and faster as the days pass. Pretty soon we will be practicing parallel parking, fighting about curfew and getting a tux for his first prom!

Another funny story - Steven picked him up from school yesterday and Gavin had a completely different outfit on. Steven just assumed he spilled something or his clothes got really dirty from playing. When asked why he was changed he was told that Gavin - FELL IN THE POTTY!!! When I asked a teacher about it this morning she told me that after changing his diaper Gavin was told to go ahead out to the classroom, but instead of doing that he walked over to the potty, sat down and his hiney fell right in!! Oh how I would have loved to have been there for that with my camera!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am saying bye-bye to my hubby on Sunday.. he's heading to California for the week. He's going for business but I'm sure he'll get time for some fun stuff too. I requested a picture of the Hollywood sign since he will only be 20 minutes from Los Angeles.. lucky duck. I'm sad.. I'm going to miss him.. this will be the longest we've been apart since the day we met.. oh my!

No comments: