Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Parade.

Last Saturday Gavin and I went to Grammie and PopPop's house! We hung out there for a bit then walked down to the Parkesburg Halloween Parade. There we met Lauren, her daughter Alivia, Colleen, Ashley and her daughter Mackenzie. It was great hanging out with those girls, watching the parade and just having a good time! Shayna's cheer leading squad did a dance to Michael Jackson's Thriller and Shayna had to be a zombie. My mom and I helped her get ready and I got to pour powder in her hair :-) She seemed to enjoy being in the parade - boy she's growing up so fast!!!

After the parade everyone went back to my parent's house. I had so much fun hanging out with Colleen, Lauren and Ashley. Our kids had fun playing together too :-) Wow - we have kids - when did that happen?! Seems like just yesterday we were gossiping about cute boys and playing M.A.S.H.! We've shared so many fun memories together and I hope that we can all stay close and keep spending time together. A girl always needs her girlfriends, that's definitely a lesson I have learned!!!




On a personal note, we've still been trying for baby #2 but I've recently realized that I don't think I'm quite ready. I don't know.. I want to get back into shape and get healthy again.. I want to save money.. and I really like our time with Gavin. He's on a great schedule and he's just such a great boy. Now don't get me wrong, if we got pregnant now I'd be excited but I don't think I'm going to let it consume me as much as I have these past few months. I am enjoying being excited for friends who are expecting!! My job is going really well.. although some of my clients can drive me nuts sometimes!! This week we had a finalization hearing (wahoo!) and we had a match meeting with a birthmother and birthfather who selected an adoptive family. That mom is due in November and that adoptive family is so excited!! My job is certainly tough.. but it's even more rewarding!! One of my clients delivered a beautiful baby boy a few weeks ago and myself and a coworker of mine got to pick him up from the hospital. It was so great snuggling with a newborn again. It's hard to believe Gavin was actually his size once. Okay, enough about my job.. I actually need to get back to work ;-) I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. Pray that the rain holds out tomorrow - we're taking Gavin on his first hay ride/pumpkin patch adventure!!

No comments: