Monday, October 6, 2008

Blessed!

Gavin had a wonderful birthday on Thursday - my little baby bean is now 2 years old!!! I can still remember my midwife, at my first prenatal visit, telling me, "the baby's only the size of a jelly bean right now but will grow very quickly." Boy she wasn't kidding!!! He spent the morning with Daddy while I had three adoption finalization hearings to attend :-) That was a wonderful start to the day! After Gavin's nap we played with his new train set and he opened a few more gifts from Mommy and Daddy. We took him to JCPenny's to get his 2nd birthday portraits done but as soon as we started walking into the studio he had a complete melt down. He was crying and screaming so the photographer gave us a few minutes to calm him down.. well that didn't work.. he just didn't want to have anything to do with that room or the weird photographer guy with the big huge camera. Needless to say, we did not get any professional portraits done on his 2nd birthday. That's okay - I took about 100 photos that day :-) He's growing like crazy and is learning so many new things. His new favorite thing is counting to five in spanish - as soon as he says cinco he jumps up and down and shakes his whole body - just adorable! I've been looking around for a super fun Halloween costume - if anyone has any suggestions send them my way!




On Saturday Steven and I attended his brother Christopher's wedding. It was a nice day filled with family and fun :-) The bride looked absolutely beautiful and she and Christopher seem so happy together. It was fun spending time with Steven without Gavin, but of course we found ourselves talking about him all day! We got to slow dance together and he even sang to me ;-) Of course I was crying before the ceremony even started. Then I cried again as soon as we got to the reception because they had a table set up in memory of their dad, Gavin's grandpa, who I never got to meet. It was a very nice touch and I know it meant a lot to Steven to see that his father was apart of such a special day in his brother's life. I really enjoy spending time with Steven's brothers and I hope that we can start hanging out with them more - and their significant others too :-)


I really am blessed with wonderful family, wonderful friends and a truly amazing son. I'm still wondering what God has planned for our future, but I trust that he knows what's best and what's right!

No comments: