Wednesday, June 10, 2009

photo update!

Hey all! I am just a couple weeks behind with photos so here goes!

On my birthday (May 31st) I decided at trip to the Strasburg Railroad would be fun! I've never been there before and neither has Gav so I thought it would be enjoyable. Gav was super excited when we got there and was practically drooling over the trains. We purchased our tickets (and my poor hubby had to run back to the car b/c I accidentally forgot my camera, thanks babe!) then we made our way onto he train - ALL ABOARD as Gavin would say!! He absolutely loved the train ride. I thought it was fun - but I am glad he was free b/c it was a fairly short ride for the $. I am glad we went and I would definitely take him again. That evening we enjoyed a nice dinner at Applebee's and Gav ate half my salad.. Happy Birthday to me!!
We headed to our first Barnstormer's game this season and it was definitely a memorable one! My brother-in-law Michael and his girlfriend Amanda came along, which was a lot of fun! It was a double-header game so I knew we were in for a long night.. but I really didn't we'd be watching baseball for 5 hours! I thought Gav would be excited to see Cylo but he was terrified of him - screamed his head off whenever he saw him - poor fella. After the first game (that the 'Stomer's won!) there were fireworks. Last year Gav loved fireworks, this year, HATED them! He completely freaked out when they started so I had to leave the seats and walk him around so he couldn't see the fireworks and I had to keep his ears closed so the sound wasn't as loud. During the second game Gavin vomitted all over himself - oh it was so yucky! I must say that I have a wonderful hubby b/c every time Gavin has gotten sick in public (this would be the third time now) he stays calm and helps me clean him up, which is so nice and really helps the situation! Would you believe I forgot to pack him an extra outfit - so off to the merchandise store we went and $28.00 later our kid had clean clothes! (Moms out there - always pack extra clothes!!) The funniest part of this episode was that the only pair of bottoms they had in the entire merchandise store was a size 14-16 Youth pair of shorts. We had to buy them, it was either the huge shorts or no pants at all, so I put the shorts on Gav, tied a knot in the string and proceeded to roll them up 8 times. Oh he looked so adorable but so funny!! I will pack these shorts away until he's about 7 years old and they actually fit him properly but they will certainly have a fun story to go along with them!!
This past Sunday Steven took Gav outside to play with the water - he is such a great dad! Gav had a blast and was really not a happy boy when it was time to come inside. We are headed to the beach next week and I cannot wait to see Gavin playing in the ocean, I think he's going to love it!!
To end here is my adorable bean with his foam fingers - he's such a boy!!
*Don't forget to check out Gummy Bear's blog - there's a link on the right side of Gav's blog! There are lots of updates there too!

No comments: