Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Super Bowl Saturday!

Saturday was a very busy day for Gavin and myself! Our first stop was a "meet the baby" party for my third cousin Nicholas. He was born in April but he and his family live in New Jersey so this was the first time our family got to meet him! He is so adorable and Gavin was very interested in him.. I think Gavin would make a great big brother ;-)
Our second stop was at my friend Christine's house for a jewelry party. It was so great to see her again.. I've not seen her since Gavin was 3 or 4 months old! She gave me a tour of her wonderful new house and it was great to be able to catch up! There were also others girls there from high school - what a great day it was seeing so many old friends! I was very proud of myself - despite all the jewelry being absolutely beautiful I didn't buy anything - we're on a tight budget for the holidays ;-) Our second stop was just lots of fun - Gavin was flirting with all the ladies, even going up to them and kissing their hands - he's a true ladies man ;-) I can't wait to see Christine again - even after all these years (we met in 1992 in 4th grade) she's still one of my greatest friends!
Stop #3 was back in Parkesburg - my nephew's football team, the Dolphins, made it to the super bowl and were playing the Vikings. My niece cheers for his team so Gavin and I went to watch Shayna cheer and Lucas play! I still can't get over how big they are - I can still remember their births so vividly!! Shayna is a great cheerleader and is the captain of her squad! Lucas played in most of their offensive plays and seems to really enjoy playing! Although they lost I think they really had a great time! Gavin just loved watching the football game and cheering with Shayna. She also liked hanging out with Grammie, Poppop, Uncle Chris and Uncle Drew!
Back to my parent's house for stop #4 - a small birthday celebration for my mom! I won't say how old she is because if she reads this she would kill me ;-) We had pizza and my dad bought her a cake and some ice cream. It was a great way to end such a jam-packed, eventful day! Gavin loved singing to his Grammie and he even helped her blow out the candle on her cake. My mom is truly wonderful and I wish we could have done more for her. If I had the money I'd sent her on an exotic trip somewhere she's always wanted to go - oh mom, I love you!!! Shayna stayed the night at my house Saturday night - what a big help she is with Gavin. As soon as Gavin woke up Sunday morning he was asking for Shayna. She hung out with us for most of Sunday until I had to take her back - I just love what a wonderful lady she's becoming :-) I'm such a proud aunt!!!

Okay, enough for now - time to get back to work - enjoy the photos from our Super Bowl Saturday!

No comments: